Thin, bushy, flat, arched, or anywhere in between – eyebrows need special care and attention, just like the rest of our face. The style of the fashionable brow might change throughout the years, but one thing remains – brows are the element that frames the face. Having well-groomed brows makes a world of difference for the overall appearance of your face. Thankfully, with the multitude of products now available on the market, it is easy to have perfectly cared-for eyebrows. At LUMA, we support enhancing natural beauty by bringing out your features with the help of vitamin and mineral-rich products. Here we’ll present you 6 simple steps to make your brows look at their very best.
- Grow your eyebrows out – Be brave and let your eyebrows grow for a few weeks to see their full potential. Once you can clearly see the natural shape that you may have forgotten, you can proceed to shape your brows using the tips in the next step.
- Different strokes for different folks – In just a couple of minutes, you can discover the right shape that will naturally complement your face. The way to map that is by marking three key points – where the brow should start, hit its high point, and end. Measure with a pencil vertically up from each nostril – this is the point where the brow should start. Next, place the pencil diagonally from the edge of your nose and through the centre of your pupil – following your natural arch, this is where its highest point should be. Lastly, align the edge of the nose diagonally with the outer corner of the eye – and this is where the brow should end.
- Get them into shape – As brow hairs grow, they need to be trimmed from time to time. Brush hairs up and carefully trim longer ones. To prep for plucking stay hairs, we recommend rubbing a few drops of facial oil on the brow bone. This will relax the follicles, making plucking effortless and painless. Then, preferably in natural day light, tweeze hairs in between the eyebrows, underneath the arch, and beyond the end, all in the direction of hair grow. Here you can tweak the brows into the shape you like.
- Fill in the blanks – The most important step in eyebrow shaping is filling them in with a brow pencil or gel that matches their natural colour. If your brows are already sufficiently full, you can use clear gel just to smooth them and keep them in place all day long. Filling in with a pencil or gel will complete the look you’re going for by correcting any gaps and building colour to make your brows look as full as you would like. LUMA’s Beyond The Brow clear and tinted gels are a great option to enhance your brows for a long-lasting, natural look. Getting your eyebrows on point by filling them in is a quick way to prepare for going out on days when you don’t have time for full makeup application.
- Stimulate hair growth – If you have thinning eyebrows, we recommend applying a brow serum in the evening to help hairs grow fuller, healthier and faster. Try the super-moisturising Brighten Up Beauty Serum by LUMA, which contains 99% naturally-derived ingredients, such as jojoba seed oil, rosehip fruit oil and crushed pearl powder. In addition, brushing with a brow or lash groomer stimulates the skin and increases blood circulation, which also leads to new growth.
- A healthy dose of shimmer – Highlighters do wonders! To attract more attention to the area of your eyebrows and help frame your face even better, apply a highlighter on the brow bone just under the arch. The illuminated area will reflect light and stand out, giving your whole face a glowing appearance. LUMA’s On The Glow Highlighter is available in several shades, it is free of parabens and sulphates, and like all our other products, never tested on animals.
You can make your eyebrows work to your advantage and help you bring out your natural beauty in just a few, quick and easy steps. Invest in an eyebrow kit, which includes a brush, tweezers, eyebrow pencil, clear and tinted gels, serum and highlighter. With these tools and the tips above, you are now well on your way to having the perfect eyebrows!